Sunday, April 14, 2013

DIY | BLACK & WHITE STRIPED DENIM

I am always looking for thing I can do in my spare time and to share it with you. One of the latest trends I really like is Black & White striped pants. I read a lot of fashion blog and I get a lot of inspiration from that. I wanted to share the pictures that inspire me, so I took out a few.




The reason why I looked back at the pictures I saved on my computer was because I had found a really nice DIY. I was reading some random blogs when I came across this really nice do it yourself. The blog I found this DIY on was Swellmayde

I put it down here because I wanted to share this with you. I am excited to get started on making this but I first have to buy a white jeans.



Materials:
* White denim
* Black fabric paint
* Paint brush
* 2,5 cm painter's tape or masking tape
* Ruler
* Paper plate or paint palette
* Large trashbag
* Scissors

Steps:
1. To prevent the paint from seeping to the other side, I suggest cutting up a large trash bag in half. Then, place one half inside each pant leg. Next, tape 2,5 cm stripes on the denim. I started at the outer side seams and worked my way inward from the top of the jean to the hem. Use your ruler to make sure the stripes are even.
2. Be sure to tape up the belt loops.
3. In areas like the center and inner side seams, I taped passed them, then traced the seams with a dotted line. Next, cut on your dotted traced line. This creates a clean look when painting these sections.
4. Just as a precaution, I ran my fingers over the tape one more time, making sure there are no bubbles and they are stuck very securely. Then, pour some paint onto your plate/palette and begin painting the non-taped striped areas of your jean. I didn't paint the waistband or front pockets, but it is your preference. Repeat for the backside. Pull off tape, then let dry overnight. When dry, to set the paint, run the iron on medium heat over the painted areas several times.

I hope you are inspired by this tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment